Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil comparison for the x-terra

Hi all i may be losing my mind in all this heat but ; I do believe a saw in the past a comparison chart on all the know coils for the the x-terras it showed A-Lot and i thought i saved it but no so any help would be greatly appreciated

Copy from FAQ: Posted by Digger

Definitions:
Water resistant: May be splashed, washed, used in drizzling rain, or moved through wet grass. Must not be submersed under water.
Water proof: Submersible to 1 meter. Ideal for shallow water wading and gold prospecting in shallow streams.

6 Concentric
7.5 kHz Coil
All X-TERRA series detectors
Water proof
If there are coins and relics hiding amongst iron junk, this coil is the one that will find them. The best X-TERRA coil for target separation.

6 Double-D
18.75 kHz Coil
X-TERRA 50, 70, 305, 505 and 705 detectors
Water proof
The most sensitive X-TERRA coil available, it is great for sub-gram nuggets, specimens, and gold jewellery. Also ideal for shallow streams.

9 Concentric
7.5 kHz Coil
Water proof
The standard X-TERRA coil for good reason good depth, great target separation and accurate pin-pointing the perfect coin hunting coil.

9 Concentric
18.75 kHz Coil
Water proof
Has same properties as the 7.5kHz version, but more sensitive to low conductive targets. Also performs well when detecting for jewellery on ocean beaches.

9 Concentric
3 kHz Coil
X-TERRA 70, 505 and 705 detectors
Water proof
Ideal for highly conductive targets such as silver, copper, large rings and relics. Performs well in all soils with the exception of highly mineralised soil.

10 x 5 Double-D
18.75 kHz Coil
Water resistant
This coil has great sensitivity, good ground coverage, and is easy to use in rough terrain. An ideal gold hunting coil, that also performs well for beach work.

10 Round Double-D
7.5 kHz Coil
Water resistant
For improved depth and ground coverage over the standard 9 Concentric, this is the coil to use. It also performs well in mineralised soils.

10 Round Double-D
18.75 kHz Coil
Water resistant
An ideal coil for beach work, and open areas, this coil offers good depth and sensitivity, and great stability in mineralised soils and beaches.

Information provided by:
Justin Adams
VP, North America and General Manager, Global Marketing
Minelab Electronics