Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil compatibility?

dbado1

I see that the Max will be able to use the other AT coils. My question is can the AT - Gold use the same coil as the AT -Pro? Thanks.

Dean

yes :thumbup:

I keep seeing this, but aren't coils tuned for the frequency of a given detector for maximum efficiency? HH jim tn

Both the AT Gold And AT Pro were designed since day one to operate within a range for optimum depth/discrimination and to accept the various available coils available from Garrett so as the user would NOT have to purchase new coils like some other manufacturers. You will have to ask NEL coils why their coils need to be purchased individually to mach up with the AT Pro/AT Gold. I have heard that the AT MAX was a killer on tiny gold during some field testing up north.

Also, keep in mind, that the design of the "AT Gold GROUND BALANCE WINDOW" is a Garrett Exclusive feature and will simultaneously ground balance to a range of values to help overcome localized ground variations. By reducing subtle ground responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window smooths detector audio and allows the user to hear faint targets. It is also now utilized in the AT MAX.

Had my hands on a AT Max today at Garretts factory Guys and Gals all I can say you wont believe it !! Made a trip tp the factor to get my AT Pro repaired and while waiting on my pro, I played around with a Max they had on display My goodness air test with threshold is unreal compaired to my Pro. Now I have an 80% hearing loss but I could still hear an audio change at 14" with a clad quarter. No way will my Pro do that. Its going to be a killer for Relics and deep silvers in parks and old house places, may have to see about trading my Pro in on one of those babies.

I asked that same thing at Garretts today. Was told the AT machines have software built into them that will recognize which coil you hooked up and will tune that coil to your machine. Was told NEL does not have that software and NEL has to tune there coils to each machine.

Thanks Buddy! Awesome news to hear! :thumbup: Like you I have considerable hearing loss as well so this is very encouraging to hear (no pun intended) My MAX order has been placed for some time and look forward to taking it back to some of my severely hunted spots.

Buddy_TX said:
Had my hands on a AT Max today at Garretts factory Guys and Gals all I can say you wont believe it !! Made a trip tp the factor to get my AT Pro repaired and while waiting on my pro, I played around with a Max they had on display My goodness air test with threshold is unreal compaired to my Pro. Now I have an 80% hearing loss but I could still hear an audio change at 14" with a clad quarter. No way will my Pro do that. Its going to be a killer for Relics and deep silvers in parks and old house places, may have to see about trading my Pro in on one of those babies.

Thanks, Buddy, that is comforting about the softwear and thanks again for passing it along. HH jim tn

Yes they will!! the wireless ones will NOT work in the water even if the phones them selves are high and dry. Was a question I also asked at Garretts today. The Detector Pro waterproof will work on it as well as Garretts Blue waterproof phones.

As I was shown the threshold is factory preset at 00. I set it at 03 and it worked well for my hearing loss. Like They told me you can drown out the people on the beach with just the threshold but will miss a LOT of targets, at 80% hearing loss three was plenty loud for a "slight" steady background sound. Wish my Pro had that feature, reminds me of a Tesoro Aztec with its slight background and a lite zoom - zoom on real deep silver.

All can say with out having it on the ground a few days........ I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER