Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Construction Question

Does anyone have any insight into why some coils are constructed differently than others? I had to send in my 9-inch coil a while back--turns out it had failed so I received a new one from Massachusetts. I sampled some photos from the internet to illustrate what my original and replacement coil construction looked like. You can tell by the photos, the new coil was constructed a bit differently. It made me wonder if I received a newer production model. Anyway, I just bought/received an 11-inch coil and it is constructed like my original 9-inch coil was constructed.

I just bought a deus a couple months ago. I have the 11 inch. Mine is exactly like the one on the left. Your original. MY friend I hunt with that has had a deus for over 2 years has the 9inch coil and it looks like the one on the right. I think your replacememnt coil is a older model

Your two pictures are showing the 11" coil at the left - ist only made in this design / look. At the right side you got the 9" coil in the old design/Look.
Inside its only the Lipo cell there got a small different, new / old version.
My picture shows 9" and 11" coil in the new design / look, but the Big coil is the old one.

I have only had my 11" Deus for a month and it was a new display model and looks like the one you picture on the left. So I assume maybe that is the new est look. I read in Andy's book where Alain's company builds it all and no outsourcing.......so I would say changes could and may be made in the blink of an eye sometimes that are cosmetic and we are none the wiser until a situation like this. As long as it works!