Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Cover for 8" Mono

therelichunter

Hello,
I use the infinium for relic hunting in Pasteur and farm land.
Im a believer in coil covers.

It don't appear that Garrett makes a coil cover for the 8"

Does another 8" coil cover made by a different manufacture snap on?

I see Garrett makes an 8.5 cover has any one siliconed one of these on their 8" coil?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Danny

On one of my 10inch coils i use a frisbee as a coil cover,so i am thinking they may do a smaller 8inch version so that can fit on and use cable ties to hold it on,just a thought.

Can be made as needed.

These are made from drain pipe PVC.
skid-plates.jpg

ivanll said:
Can be made as needed.

These are made from drain pipe PVC.
skid-plates.jpg

That well cool,so how are the round edges of the coil cover made,i assume you cut the material slightly larger than the coil then what do you do heat it with a blow gun and mold it ???

I actually use a standard Frizbee for my 8" mono coil cover. I chose a yellow happy face one. It was tight going on, so let the frizbee set in the sun for 20 minutes till it was
a little more flexible and it fit right on. Now that it is cool, it has a tight grip and will last a long time. Cost = $0.99 cents!!
Beav