Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil cover or spray on rubber sealant or bed liner on coil

langsy

does anyone use that rubber spray on bedliner for a coil cover? or epoxy coating instead of the cover? any pros and con about the stuff would be some help

yes, I use PC-7 epoxie, Pro- is no sand or dirt can get in it, and you ca put more on if you want, Cons, I don't know any, unless it would be harder to sell that coil, once its on, you can't put a coil cover on, But I know a few hundred guys that run PC-7, and they would never go back to coil covers. Grubstake

thanks for the reply. i was going to try the rubber bedliner spray maybe i will switch to the epoxy. i have been using that cover but constantly have to take it off to clean the cover i dont think thats good for the coil after awhile doing that , so i will try the spray on stuff thanks again

Hmm, I haven't tried the PC-7, will check it out. The coil covers are useless around here, too rocky. I found that the bed liner sprays were hard to get a thick enough layer on around the edges. I was using FlexSeal and the Rustoleum LeakSeal - both are spray on rubber coatings that go on thick, are not brittle, and wear well. Someone suggested ShoeGoo, which sounded like an excellent idea and that's what I've got on both of my AT's these days. I put a nice bead around the outer edge and smear the rest - no mishaps or complaints thus far (been using it for about 6 weeks). I hope you'll report back with your results.

PC-7 is a hard epoxie, kind of like JB Weld, except it doe's not have metal in it, and when you put it on you can put it as thick as you like, and while still wet, you can work it and shape it with a wet finger, but one it drys, over night, its tougher than the coil is. Grubstake

Thanks, Grubstake - I put PC-7 on my shopping list!

I can tell you, since I used it, there are lots of gold prospectors that only use it. It works great. Grubstake