Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil cover removal

Frank L

What methods are the most helpful in removing a coil cover on an 8" coil-boy, that thing is tight. Thanks

Frank L/TX

If you have one of the old thick covers, this is what I do, take a Popsicle stick, cut off the rounded part, put it on top of the cover and tap it with something, like a small hammer, work your way around the cover, do this a little at a time...
The new covers are thin and come off real easy.
BJ

I usually use a wood dowel put it on pillow and gently tap and it will come off, when putting back on some put a lubricant on it and will come off easier second time.
For some reason the newer thin plastic covers will not fit all CZ's especially the older coils so would buy from a local dealer and try before you buy...Me thinks older coils are a hair bigger and guess it depends on the run of covers and coils...

Outdoor Outfitters makes 8 inch and 10.5 inch CZ coil covers that are very thin but tough that easily come off. Many dealers carry them so this is no longer an issue like the OEM covers ...HH