Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil cover...

richbat

I have about had it with this dang coil cover on my Compadre.The darn thing keeps falling off,fits just a little to loose.I know i could take some sealer and run a bead around it to keep it on but i'm fussy about keeping the debris out of there.Thought about putting on some bedliner spray but was concerned it may void the warranty.Tried taking a piece of velcro and putting it on but that made the cover stick out to far.Any other thoughts?

Zipties?

I use the bedliner spray on a cheap Bounty Hunter I have as a loaner machine. Be sure to spray some onto a piece of cardboard and check that first to be sure there aren't any metal flakes in the paint.

I just wrapped mine with about 3 wraps of electrical tape in the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9:00 oclock positions....worked good. Then one day I just took the thing off completely........ I have an old detector with the doughnut coil.

Leave it off, they are a pain. If anyone has ever worn down a coil inland or at the beach, let us know......

I have read reports of coils worn through at the beach and/or gashed by stones on this and other forums. I'm a believer in if "you like it, do it". for myself, I'll continue to use covers.
BB

You can take some double sided velcro and just wrap it around the coil on two opposite sides.
One side has the hoop fasteners and the other side has the wool fabric.. I use the setup on my Sand Shark.
It removes easily for coil cleaning and allows a tight fit between the cover and coil.
Might be worth a try for you.
Felix

Any heavy duty zip-ties will work. I have them on my Excal and it's cover fits tight. The ones that have the tabs so you can remove them, clean the cover and reuse them are the ones I use. Good luck, Joe.