Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Depth Question

I have an Xterra 70 with stock 9" 7.5 Concentric coil. My question is, would there be an advantage in depth in moderate to mild soil with the 10.5 DD 7.5kHz coil over the stock coil?

Thanks

Bill..I hunt soil that runs from mild in some areas to highly mineralized in others. I swing the 10.5 DD MF coil about 90% of the time for a number of reasons. First it is the best coil to use in mineralized soil. Secondly it covers a big area per swing and thirdly I think it hunts deeper that the concentric coil. Yes it is a bit heaver but I complaisant the weight with Doc's Swingy Thingy. I mostly hunt relics but I also use it for coin hunting. HH TomB

Bill, Joe here, also in Delaware. What kind of depth are you getting with the stock coil ? What kind of hunting are you doing ? I dont have the 10.5DD but found the 3khz 9"concentric coil to work real good on coins. ID's better and made a big difference over the mid freq. stock coil. I dug a silver quarter that was at least 8or9 inches down in the turf at an old school and I knew it was a quarter. Stayed at 40-42 and was locked on in pinpoint. After that I just left it on and my coin count went up and my trash went way down. Good luck with whatever you do coil wise. Joe