Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Ear Repair

That is one of the best looking coil repairs I have ever seen. Interested to see how it holds up.

very nice coil repair I also repaired several minelab coils one of them is still going on its 5th year the other was on won I traded off so I don't know about that on. But if you do it right it will be better then new.
Don

Not sure how to PM but here goes. I am considering buying a 305 with the same problem. Can you tell me how you managed to do this great fix?

Both the coils I have broke right through the bolthole the first week of owning them. I epoxied the piece bach on with some five minute epoxy then laminated the outside of the ears with a layer of fiberglass. Not pretty but still holding up 12 - 13 years later.