Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil extension cables: thick vs. thin cable?

Wayfarer

I am homebrewing a hipmount conversion for my 6000 Di Pro SL (mfg. in 1989) and need an extension cable to run from the handle back to the control box. White's has two 5' coil extension cables on their accessories page. One is the thicker DFX/MXT cable and the other is the thinner "up to 1988" cable. I have a 950 coil, Royal 800, and 5.3 Black max. The 950 and 5.3 use a thin cable and the Royal 800 uses a much thicker cable. All 3 work great on my 6000 Di Pro SL as well as XL Pro and XLT. I called White's to see which cable extension I'd need for my hipmount idea and they said (after checking) that I'd need the thick cable for the Royal 800 and the thin one for the 950 and 5.3. Something to do about how the grounds are wired. All 3 coils work fine when connected directly to the control box of any of my machines, so I wonder what the difference could be? Also, since I planned to more or less permanently mount the extension cable to the handle, I'm wondering if I can use the thick cable for all three coils or if there is something else I can do so I can avoid having to swap out extension cables when using the Royal 800. And basically, what IS the difference between the thick and thin coil cables, since there doesn't seem to be any difference when the coils are connected directly to the control box? Oh, and I went ahead and ordered both just to be sure I had it covered. But this got me to wondering how I might be able to do it with just one extension. Thanks.