Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil interchangeability between different models (GMH and..)?

willy

Just wondering about what coils work, or can be made to work, on a GMH/GMH3. How 'bout the Ace 150/250 series? I don't mind doing a bit of soldering. ..Willy.

Dang I'm not sure Willy. Contact Steve at steve.moore@garrett.com and he can probably steer you in the right direction.

Bill

I remember trying out a coil from a Gtax (I think) on the Gold Stinger I had a number of years ago and... it worked just fine! I'll try to find out from Garrett because I'd like to put a 'spider' coil on the GMH for shallow water hunting. ..Willy.

Yeah, I tried the same thing, too:laugh:Ages ago. Put a Crossfire from GMH onto Scorp and it seemed to work fine, but the Scorp coil didn't do anything on GMH. Plugs are the same. I asked Garrett's about and they said NOT to do it 'cause will damge detector. I was just trying it for the heck of it 'cause I noticed the plugs were the same.
I know that the GMH uses all the Crossfire(not Crossfire2)search coils. Then they have those Rhinotough Proformance 7"x10" and 9"x12" elliptical concentric(the only ones that I don't have and don't plan on getting). For the GMH units that I own I use the 4.5 sniper, 5"x10"double"D", and 10"x14"double"D". I own some 8.5" and 12.5" round concentrics(Crossfire)but rarely use them.
I don't know anything about changing the plugs out to fit other units or soldering or anything like that, but Garrett's will let you know. Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)