Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil NEL Tornado12"x13" for Minelab Explorer

SAGITTARIUS

Does anyone have this Russian coil or have seen one. I have bought one and there are 6 more available on the big auction site. Shipping takes about a month.

I haven't but would love to know how good it is could you post review when you receive your please
Thinking of one myself :)
Regards
Jeff

Jeff,

I plan on doing that when I get mine. I did notice they had sold 5 coils to Explorer, E-Traq, etc owners. I am hope one of those will also give us a report.

Don

Neil coils are made in Ukraine not in Russia, from Russian forums I can see its not giving any advantage compare to original Minelab coils.

I don't know about the Russian forums but the feedback of those who bought them and the few Internet forum comments have been very positive, even on this site

SAGITTARIUS said:
Thanks----Looks like it's about the same weight as the 10X12 SEF coil.------According to my scales, the SEF weighs 24 oz (with coil cover).------Take off the (3 oz.) coil cover and that puts the 10X12 SEF down to 21 oz.-----I assume your stated weight of 23 oz. on the NEL is with the coil cover.-------Those two coils must be close to the same weight.

hi guys.
i know of 2 people who have bought the coil and are testing them out. 1 guy was testing it out on the explorer 2 and the other guy was testing it out on the e-trac. both machines were being tested on the same day in the same field. this is their first report back on that days detecting and im sure their will be more.

when tested on the explorer 2
well we tried out the new NEL coils today on a random field that we managed to find which was detectable. I had my coil on the Explorer II and ***** on his E-trac.
I was most impressed.
The depth, coverage and weight were all very positive factors.
I had about 100 positive signals, some at good depths.
It was very easy to swing all day.
We had to mess with the frequencies a bit, but we were detecting under some power lines. I stuck it on noise number 3 and it was fine.
I would prefer to use it for longer before I confirm the sensitivity is as good as the pro coil but all the signs says it is.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when tested on the E-trac
It was a good day given the land that was available. Must have had a good 200 signals between us, a lot of the usual dross.

I had about 4-5 Roman grots & a nice complete Crotal Bell that the NEL pulled up from about 14-15 inches.
Its a very light coil which makes the Etrac well balanced compared to the SEF.

The coil is more active like the Pro coil (the SEF's are more passive) and is definitely deeper on reasonable ground that the Pro.

My only concern so far is that the Shielding from power-lines/ EMI doesn't seem to be as good (or at least this particular line)- I had to move some 100 yards away before it stabilised - Going to try a line filter next outing to see if this can be improved upon.

Interestingly the Explorer 2 seemed to tolerate it better that the Etrac.
I'm not sure that I found anything with the coil that I wouldn't have found with the SEF.

Its a very sensitive coil that fully deserves more testing before a fuller statement can be made.
Its early days yet but I'm quite impressed for a first outing.

Coil covers, as far as I am aware, are non existent at the moment.

just a quick question is it waterproof and having no curl in the lead how does it suit the tube shaft for extension and compresion ?

Coil arrived today and quality looks good and the coil lead does have the curls. Attaches to the shaft and fits the tube shaft just like the minelab originals. Tested only in my test garden and it found all coins with correct digital numbers. Coins are about 8-10 inches deep and buried a couple of years ago. Also could raise coil about 1-1.5" above ground and still get good signal. Will give report after testing in the local parks.

This is a Google translation of the description:

I have been out only a couple of hours with the NEL coil due to heat and work. In that time I have found a silver Roosevelt dime and several wheat pennies. They were about 8" deep and the signal was clear. I really like this coil. It covers a lot of ground and still pinpoints accurately. Just wiggle the coil back and forth as you pull it toward you. The target will off the toe in front of the coil's "v.

I purchased a Nel Tornado coil last fall to use on my Minelab Explorer II. I can tell you it's not coming off my machine unless it's to put on a larger coil for hunting pasture land. Hunting a yard, we found 4 silver coins, 2 indian heads, several wheat pennies, and a vintage sterling silver ring with 2 hear shaped rubies on it. I'm considering purchasing the Big Nel, if it performs as good as the Tornado it would be a worthwhile investment.

From My personal experience with Nel Tornado coil and different tests with it, I can see its not giving any advantages compare to ANY original Minelab coil.