Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil noise - atpro & wot - f y i

2 weeks ago i sent my atpro back to texas for check up as many have done after reading and seeing how it falsed. mine did the same. it should be back tomorrow or tues. and i will retest at same location soon.

here is the reason i sent it back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yxxJOBqOhE
and here is my wot from yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB9ccroTNf4
i think/thought it is just the nature of the beast of some coils.

comments please

it will be smooth....The W.O.T. coil..???? Aftermarket coil maybe not shielded properly ??? .....Does the stock coil do that on the explorer I doubt it....

I just got mine back from Garrett and it is doing the same thing falsing . Sake it, false signals, on the beach , machine is balanced sensitively turned down, guess what false signals. I noticed in the invoice from the factory it did not say what was fixed. I called Garrett and they told me they replaced the coil (new) and recalibrated that machine. I looked at the coil and it is not the one I sent , however it was scratched up on top and heavy ware on the bottom. Well I called Garrett again, I explained to them about the coil, they apologized and told me they are sending me another coil ( I hope new) out Monday. Getting frustrated . I hope they make it right.

Max, I just attached my WOT to my Excalibur and it falses like crazy in the water. On dry sand it's fine. My 10' coil gives me no trouble in either situation. I think maybe that WOT coil is either too sensitive or has shielding problems.