Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Not Communicating

I was out in the field getting ready to detect with my 11' coil. When I started everything up I got a "No Coil detected" message on my screen. This had never happened before so I gave a quick call to Detector Electronics and they suggested several causes. The only one I could try in the field was to check if the serial number had gotten corrupted some how. When I did this I immediately saw this was the problem. I re-entered the serial and all was well.

Still don't know why this happened. Any ideas out there....

Really the only way the serial number can be corrupted is if you inadvertently change something in the options menu.

You really need to be careful when changing any options on that side of the screen as it's easy to make a change without knowing you've made one pressing return and then wondering what happened. I've seen that happen several times even on my own machine.

Glad it was an easy fix good luck in the field

Andy