Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil of choice...

eta-carinae

Hey folks,
as a newbie and owner of a xterra 705 gold,
I would like to know, which coil would be the
best complementary choice in a view of allround beach/meadow
capability...?

greetings

That strictly depends on your soil composition. In my soil either of the 10.5" DD work very well but in your soil, one may work much better than the other.

As far as a beach goes, the HF coil is typically the better choice.

Depends on if you want it waterproof or resistant also. And the level of trash. I would think the 10.5 as mentioned above should cover a good area. That elliptical is a great coil also and will find gold and silver and hit hard on both. The 10.5 would be deeper. If the areas are super trashy a 6" DD will come in handy. If you have no trash and big areas to cover try the 15" wot from coiltek. Good luck

Since the beginning, the Xterra has been 3kHz, 7.5kHz, & 18.75kHz. Nothing has changed.

IMO, everyone with an Xterra needs a 7.5kHz DD coil, so your choice is a good one.