Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil option on purchase Q

3RINGER

In researching between a gold unit (for relics) I find that the DTVG has really peeked my interest. Like what I'm seeing. Richard at Backwoods offers a Elliptical over the stock coil if you choose. For the type of hunting I want to do with it out in the fields or in the woods which coil would you feel gives better separation/depth? I do plan on getting the 14" at a later date along with the super 6 for areas I feel these coils could be beneficial.

Wife states that I have to many units as it is but try and explain that each one can do something a little different on a given site than the others....at least you guys understand that...and I tell her they keep me out of the bars lol.

But for now which to start with from you all that have the swing time with the unit swinging the Elliptical and stock?

Tom

stock for field hunts and depth and the super 6 coil for foundations and iron separation with good depth to boot!

Thx AMC, have watched and read several of the things you have out here right now on it. Spoke to ziggy as well and he gave the same advise.

Thx Richard, was going to call but figured with the Holidays and all you'd be tied up. Will shoot you a PM...get back when you can. Thx again

also on the gold too if your relic hunting the iron volume is really nice if your hunting a very contaminated site and the high tones will jump out a lot better too

Yea down here in TN I really enjoy the relic hunting. Times change and locations change. First it was the fields then the hills. Now water is a biggie. Nail infested sites are what I'm hitting hard now, have a Racer with OOR and been having some good luck.

That iron volume is one of the things that led me toward the VG... as well as the depth I'm seeing from it from others.