Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Plug On The Vista Gold 8x10

morelic55

The tightining ring on my 8x11 coil seems larger than the plug in on the unit. it works ok, but when you look at it, it looks cross threaded. Old California had the same problem on his, but he wrapped the plug in on the unit with tape. Wonder if this is a problem with all of the plugs on the Gold's? The 8x11 on my RG 1000 works as it should.....Check out Old Californias pics......

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,1860289

Hi Mark,

Looks like at least two of the Vista Gold elliptical coils tighting rings are the wrong type, I emailed Barry and he offered I send it back and that he would work something out with a replacement when he received more supply. As long as I didn't use the coil out in the field a replacement could be made, but after applying the thin strip of tape to the housing connector the tighting ring really gets a good tight grip like it should. So I decided to use the coil, try the thin strip of tape it really helps the connector like it never had a tighting issue.

Also, of those that don't know. I was reading the manual and it says never run the Vista Gold without the coil plugged in, this may damage the unit. Some users will test EMI on a detector by removing the coil connector to test a coil or to test the unit itself but with the Vista Gold please don't risk it, the manual says not too.

Take care and enjoy the Gold,
Paul (Ca)

Having worked in a machine shop, it may be somone was not watching the parts, and doing the quality control

n/t

I used regular electrical tape, a thin strip to fully cover the diameter of the threads on the housing plug. What this does is fill in the gap inside the tighting ring, the tightening ring is a hair too big otherwise the ring will continue to spin.

Meant to replace the tighting ring in the future, a simple repair but with certain priorities going on its getting differcult to stay focused so will pursue my dream and cut out activities.

One thing, I tried the stock 11" coil and you know its a fantastic coil boy was it every impressive. People are bypassing this coil and only getting the elliptical coil, For those that can get the 11" coil as well it reduces iron false signals.

Most high kHz machines are acceptable to getting fooled by iron, with the Vista Gold the 11" round coil reduced some of the iron falsing.

Also, Thanks Barry for providing us with the Tool and DeepTech. We appreciate this service.

My priorities changed, Have a dream I need to pursue long road ahead. Looking forward to the adventure.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Thanks Barry,

Have a passion for Math and want to do things never done before, going to require my full spare time to pursue this desire.

Have an Extreamly good job requires allot of my time and I love every moment, so between my career and my desire to pursue my dream have my hands Extreamly full. Long journey ahead, as a result things that I love to do such as metal detecting will be a memory.

Thanks so much for helping us and providing us with special equipment, it was fun!
Paul (Ca)