Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil purchase advice

Hi everyone. I recently moved to Virginia and I have a few questions about the soil composition and what coil may produce the best results. I am wondering if the soil has a lot of mineralization first of all. I am also looking to buy a new coil. I have plenty of concentric coil options now, but I am wanting to try out a wide scan coil on my bandido Umax and Eldorado Umax. Has anyone used a wide scan on either of these detectors and if so, do you have any recommendations (8.5 or 7" widescan?) or even a larger size clean sweep. HH

dont waist your time with the 8.5 DD its heavy and not but a hair deeper than the 7" DD the 7" DD is good and the 10x12 is very good I think VA dirt is mineralized I have put the sharpshooter on my silver and it works good in the minerals got to slow down the sweep but the DD are markedly better in badd ground

I agree completely with Gunnar.:detecting:

tabman

I've been pretty happy with the 7"DD on the Eldorado µmax.
BB

The 8.5 WS coil is a heavy old beast for its size so although i did own one it found a new owner very quickly,the 7''WS is a good little coil but once again for its size it is heavier than other of its size but it does the job.But the coil that i really like is the SharpShooter coil that is a real quality coil i find it just improves the performance all round,its reasonably light and just a general joy to use.

I must admit that i have never used these coils on the detectors that you have mentioned but i have used them and still use them on other Tesoro models and i also use the Sharpshooter on my T2 as well,once again very happy with that combination as well infact these coils have replaced all my stock coils on most of my main detectors.