Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil question about the C$

Joseph in Alabama

Hey Guys
.Does anyone know if there was a 10-1/2 inch coil made for the Coinstrike? The 6" and 8" coils take care of most places I hunt...but a 10 " + coil would come in handy with low terrain areas..thanks for your time...joe

One of my favorite detectors is the C$ they 10" are hard to find I even called a coil dealer he had none. I purchaed mine from a form member. I did make a few decent finds with it. All honetely Ive made grear finds using the standard8" coil. I have two Coinstrikes one is MINT the other is one tha gets job done. Excellent detector in the right persons hands. Good luck in search for the coil. Even if you come across an Fisher ID Edge 10" that can be used.

will work on a C$, but I believe the connector may need to be changed.
Check with the factory, or Keith Wills. at East Texas Metal Detectors.

vlad said:
will work on a C$, but I believe the connector may need to be changed.
Check with the factory, or Keith Wills. at East Texas Metal Detectors.

No wiring or connector changes are needed to use an ID/edge coil on a Coinstrike.
All ID Edge coils will work just fine, with no mods, on a C$. I do it all the time.

It's the other way round (C$ coil on an ID/edge) that needs a shield/ground lifted...but in either case, it's the same connector.

The real problem you'll have with a 10.5" ID edge coil, is that most of them have had the outer cable insulation shred/turn to spaghetti.
They still work fine, just not pretty...and certainly not water resistant anymore.

BTW, if you can find a Sun-Ray Invader CS-1 pinpointer for the C$, it makes the whole C$/Edge wiring differences moot.
It has a switch to allow either coil on either machine...and you don't have to remember anything.

Good luck,
:)
mike