Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil question,And how deep

sidney

After I charge the coil and hunt every weekend the coil will just blink until I used it again. So my question I can not cut the coil off and save the battery life For their is no switch to do so. I have to charge the coil every I used it.? Is this right?

How deep will I dig with my XP? I also ,I got the big coil too.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Sidney,
You will need to charge the coil after each weekend you hunt because like you stated above there is no on or off switch for the coil just the controller and headphones have an on and off switch. As far as depth with the larger coil or the standard coil goes it all depends your settings and what your detecting in the ground. Remember if your wanting the best depth then your reactivity is going to need to be set at 0 or 1 and sensitivity around 95, disc 0, 2-3 tones, 8 khz and a good GB usually in the 80's but I guess it could differ depending on where your located. This is just some general settings for depth that works good for me it is not a program or anything because these numbers will always need to be tweaked a little just depending on your soil. :detecting:

Good Post. The reactivity and Disc have an effect on depth. The TX power I never really mess with. I can get maybe an extra 2 inches with my large coil. I hit a Presidential token about the size of a quarter yesterday about 10" deep with the large coil. And it was a very good signal. Most of the targets I dig though are not that deep.

The blinking light uses very little battery power. You don't need to worry about it draining the battery over a week's time.

The small coil if very very deep. If the large coil is 2 or so inches deeper, Great day in the morning. I've been finding targets at 10 or so with the small coil just getting the signal and no TID. I'll bet the large coil will hit targets good in the 12 to 14 inch range maybe more in some soils. Don't have to have a TID if I get a tone.

[/quote]
The reactivity and Disc have an effect on depth. The TX power I never really mess with. I can get maybe an extra 2 inches with my large coil. I hit a Presidential token about the size of a quarter yesterday about 10" deep with the large coil. And it was a very good signal. Most of the targets I dig though are not that deep.

The blinking light uses very little battery power. You don't need to worry about it draining the battery over a week's time.[/quote]

I leave my big coil setting for several days on a full charge. The blinking light is a LED. VERY little draw. It charges fully in a few hours so its not a huge deal.

Holler if you have questions on a setup. These guys here are pointing you in a great direction,