Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

COIL QUESTION:starwars:

TIM CLARK

How dose the 6x8 SEF compare to the 5.3 Eclipse:twodetecting:

The 5.3 is a concentric coil the 6x8 SEF would be better compared to the 6x9 (6x10) DD coil. ROB

Hey Tim. The real big advantage with the 5.3 is on bumpy ground, tree roots, and working rough hillsides. There are other advantages but these are the ones that having the round pattern saves a lot of body motion for me....on hillsides it is especially a big deal. I know your wanting a comparison but they seem to be a different use coil from each other and this is one way where they are way different.

I just picked up the VX3 unit and would like feedback from anyone with the SEF 6x8. Have used the 9x6 and need comparison. I found the 6X9 needed to be set in single frequency (not 3 freq. mode) to do it's thing best in my area.??? Any thoughts on the 8x6 would be welcome...Thanxs

I do not us my 6x8 that much I mainly hunt in big open area with the 10x12 .But when I do I hunt with it in the three frequency.

Right... in an open field area the DD gives good coverage... bottle caps and iron are my enemy..but by using the single 7.5 Freq. things are OK... Kind of defeats the 3 freq mode tho!
Thanks for your post