Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question. .

LS hunter

I'm running the D2 coil on my VX3..Do you guys think the 950 coil will get as good depth as the D2 coil..I mainly hunt for silver so depth is a must..

I believe that will depend on how mineralized your ground is. I always thought with high mineralization, a DD would do better. Im sure there is someone here that knows a lot more than me on the subject.

Thx,,Whats do u guys th8nk..

I have both coils, and here in NC the D2 is deeper. The mineral content here varies, but it's usually not very high at all. The increase in target separation is a must for the places I hunt, so the DD coils are the ticket for me. I run the concentric coil at the beach, basically no mineralization in the white sand, and they seem to make steel bottle caps a lot easier to ID

So the std coil gives better IDing you think? I figured the 950 coil would do better at separating targets ibecause it's a half-inch smaller than the D2 coil. Most awful spots I have a fair amount of trash to. I have to say the VX3 is definitely holding it's own... I do find it helps to slow down.I liked my SE pro I just like the IDing on the whites. And correct me if I'm wrong I found the target separation on minelab SE pro was a little slowboth detectors have their place that's for sure. Thanks for all the help guys.

The D2 coil has a narrow field of detection down the middle, kinda like a wiper blade. The 950 is concentric, and it has more of a cone shaped field of detection. That's why the D2 coil separates better, and does better in hotter ground. It's only looking at a narrow section , so it sees less minerals. That's not a very technical explanation, but basically that's how it works. Good luck :)

Thanks for helping me out with that question very much appreciated knowledge is power that's for sure...

Hey guys,
What would you say is the differece in depth between the eclipse 6x10 DD and the 10D2. Just got a vx3 and bought the 10 D2 also. I have been using the 6x10 on
My Dfx.