Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil question....

NealNoIN

I have a 10.5" stock coil that is falsing, a slim line coil that is falsing, and an SEF 13 x15 that is falsing. Can anything be done to them or should I just toss them?

Send them to me please!! I'll pay for the shipping!! It must be something other than all 3 coils being bad. Could it be an intermittent electrical connection somewhere from the coil connection on the detector itself or perhaps on the circuit board? You might want to get a buddy/dealer that's willing to connect each coil to another compatible Minelab detector and go from there. I hope you find the problem and again, I'm almost sure that it's not a coil problem.
P.s. you might want to check the lower rod to see if there isn't anything metallic or magnetic lodged in or on there that would trigger the falsing problem.

NealNoIN said:
I have a 10.5" stock coil that is falsing, a slim line coil that is falsing, and an SEF 13 x15 that is falsing. Can anything be done to them or should I just toss them?

Just wondering if you found the solution to what was causing the falsing problem? Today, I went to a local park, even though it spiked to 95F !!! It was hellishly hot but I wanted to get out even if it was for only about 1 hour. My Safari was going crazy and I had a hard time finding a spot that was free of metallic junk to ground balance it. I ended up ground balancing 3 times as it kept acting like I was very close to high tension electrical wires/cables. There were power lines close by but I haven't had that problem in the past at this particular park. It finally settled down and when I got home, I thoroughly cleaned the coil even though it wasn't dirty!! I'm still not sure why it acted the way that it did?