Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

Happy_Hour

What are your thoughts on the vintage 8 inch, white, hole in the center coil.

I am not referring to the white-colored 8" that was made for the newer Outlaw model, or the same size and design brown-colored 8" 'donut' Concentric coil, but the early-offering and thinner design open-center 8" Concentric. It was my overall favorite 8" Concentric coil from Tesoro. I liked it better than the brown 8" that came out to replace it for a few reasons.

One reason is I don't care for the brown colored coil. I prefer a whiter colored search coil as it is easier to maintain eye contact with it when hunting in brushier environments.

A second reason is that the early 'vintage' white-colored 8" weigh slightly less than the brown-colored offering.

Third, and even more important, I have compared a good number of early 8" to the more modern brown 8" coils in side-by-side evaluations and, most of the time, the older white coils have provided me just a slight 'edge' in sensitivity or detection depth. Therefore, with all of these things, the earlier white 8" open-centered coils have been more satisfying for me. I am always on the search for one of the early 8" white coils with a short-length coil cable to keep mounted on a spare lower rod in my Accessory Coil Tote for those periodic times I want to use a little bigger coil on a Tesoro model.

As it is, I keep a thin 6" Concentric mounted on all my detectors because I like the feel and performance in the very dense debris sites I usually hunt, but keep an 8" coil at-the-ready in my A.C.T. and would prefer one of those early-era white versions instead of the brown 8".

Just my opinions,

Monte