Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

Happy_Hour

The brown, 4 pin, 8 inch open center coil to replace the stock coil a good choice. Before I shell out money for this coil, any thoughts on using this coil.

I really like the 8" 'donut' coils, and have both the 4-pin and 5-pin versions. I can't really say that it's any better than the stock 9x8 coil, but it's slightly smaller and so easier to separate targets with. The hole in the center is also handy for pin-pointing. Depth seems about the same as the stock coil.

The only weird thing about the 4-pin model is that Tesoro only made them with the 8 foot cable for some reason. I bought mine from Rusty Henry and he shortened to the more standard 3 feet for me.

Hope this helps,

-Ken

I have one on my black Tejon and I really like it. It is lighter than the 8x9 coil and the 8x11 coil and balances really nice on the Tejon. It seems just as deep as the other two coils. I also sent mine in and had the cord shortened, but I don’t think that is an option now unless you can find someone else to do it for you, or do it yourself.