Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

Happy_Hour

These brand names, Mars, Cors, Nel, Detech. Except for the difference in price, is there a difference in performance.

Nel in the past has had some QC problems; but being now at around generation 5 maybe that has been solved.
(The rumor going around is that Cors and Nel are made by same people-I cannot confirm that, but see it said at a lot of sites.)
Your best bet is youtube to try and find side by side comparisons.
And you can try pm's to Monte, and Keith Southern here, or look online for their site contact info.
(Two others you might contact: Nasa Tom {Dankowski}; he is an engineer and does an incredible job of testing; and Ty Brook {also an engineer} who wrote the Tech Talk column
for many years for WET. I hold both of these guys in the highest esteem.)
Which detector, what are you searching for, and what size loop are you looking at?

I had a DD Cors for one day on my Mojave and it was way too front heavy. Got rid of it. Recently I bought a 7" Mars coil for my F22 and I like it. Air test as deep as the 11DD and very light.