Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil question

Circle C Digger

I will be detecting for the first time at the beach in Mexico (Playa del Carmen). I mainly hunt inland with my XL Pro and I use a 5" search coil. What coil size would you recommend that I use for the dry sand detecting? I have three coils to pick from (5", 8" and 10"). Also any recommendations where I should look along the beach?

Thanks

Circle C Digger

and harder to pinpoint with. I also find my 10" coil to be more unstable, so I have to turn down the sensitivity. I personally do not like the 10" coil and usually use the 8". I can swing it easier and longer. It pinpoints like a dream, I dig smaller holes and sometimes I can run it at full sensitivity, 32 on the Minelab Explorer. Bigger coils have more iron under the coil and sometimes the advantage of being large is negated by the iron. Also, if there are lots of targets the 8" coil will let you cherry pick, seperate the targets better than the 10" coil. If the targets are few then the 10" coil will definitely let you cover more ground. So...it all depends.