Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Size & Application

I currently have 5 coils for my new VX3 (2 inherited from the DFX), & so far use only a couple consistently, but not the others.

In your opinion, from your experience, where would you use each coil to best advantage for park &/or beach?

10 inch Concentric
5 inch concentric
6x10 D
6x4 DD
13x11 Ultimate DD

Do I need this mant coils, or would you toss a couple?

??????????????

Count Pierre said:
I currently have 5 coils for my new VX3 (2 inherited from the DFX), & so far use only a couple consistently, but not the others.

In your opinion, from your experience, where would you use each coil to best advantage for park &/or beach?

10 inch Concentric If this is the 9.5 it is good at the beach and less trashy moderate ground.
5 inch concentric If this a 5.3 then for trashy areas in moderate soil.
6x10 D Good where maximum depth is not needed, and mineralized ground. Better separation then 10".
6x4 DD Maximum separation in trash
13x11 Ultimate DD Not a coil made for the Spectras

Do I need this mant coils, or would you toss a couple?
Totally up to you. I have a 10x12 White SEF, 10D2, and 5.3. I know many people who use one coil. it depends on your style.

??????????????

If the 2 coils are not v rated they will not give you maximum performace. Check if they work at the higher RX.

I hunt mainly parks and schools. The 6X10 DD is the mainstay coil for me. I selected the Shooter 4X6 DD as the coil in those heavily trashy environments. In "non-trashy" open areas, the 10" DD works well for me. One thing I have learned with the addition of extra search coils is it makes much easier and quicker to have the coils attached to their own lower shaft. It is one of those 'if it works for you' use it things.

firstring, I'm leaning towards the 6x10 as my main coil iin the parks, & the 950 on the beach, because they worked so well on the DFX........ Haven't tried the 4x6 yet.

I also have lower shafts for all or them.....does make life easier!

Rob, all the Whites coils are V rated, but naturally, not the Ultimate, so It gets a spell in the shed.

Thanks for the info.

Pete

Wouldnt hurt anuthing to just try the 13 .Kellyco said it would not work ,might be they had backed off there V rating policy or something. Might not be optimised but still work good in single freqs. Let us know what you find out. Yazoo

[attachment 265083 advice.jpg]

The 13" will probably work fine in single 2.5 and 7.5. All v rating seems to be needed for is the 22.5 .

To add a bit on some coil use priorities.

1. 4x6 along chain link.
2. 5.3 on rough hillsides, under bushes, around bumpy root systems, and in high EMI parking strips. (Use TX Boost.)
3. Big coils in thick loamy ground with low mineralization........no excuse to not find some amazing things.