Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil swap for Dual Field

Tony

Curious to know if anyone has changed a coil on the Dual Field to something like the 950 Pulse Diver?

The end of the coil cable appears to have a plugin connector to the board.

It might even simply feed through the cable gland and then into the detector housing?

Thanks for any ideas,
Tony

Hi Tony,
if you need to quickly change the coils - you can use waterproof connectors for modification http://www.ebay.com/itm/252036435664

I used a 4-pin connector Waterproof IP68
  2 pin is used for the coil, 2 pin for battery charging

Thanks Ruslan for posting those details.
At this stage, I am planning to only use the 950 style of coil.
It is so much easier to sweep through the water than the 12" Dual Field coil. I "may" lose an inch in depth but I more than make it up in sea-floor / ground covered.

Thanks,
Tony