Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Tek vs. Excellerator

Hey all you Explorer guru's,Im looking at getting an accessory coil,and need to know
how you all feel as to which is the better or if there is any difference at all.thinking of
a Joey or the Excellerator 4.5 x 7.Or maybe WOT vs a 12 or 18 Excellerator.
stan

Stan, the 16.5" DD or the 10x14 DD EXcelerators for the large coil, and the 6" DD for your small one would be my suggestion. Call me toll free at 800-898-6673 if you have questions.
JW
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/excelerator/EXcelleratorMain.htm

I own an Explorer ll. I just bought the WOT. I believe that 15" is as big as usability allows. The 18" may not work as well based on testing done by independent researchers. The electronics can only process so much ground under the coil without becoming unstable. Supposedly Coil Tek did a lot of research before deciding on the 15" size. I like my wot so far. The only thing I find odd is that it will key in on hot rocks a lot more than my stock 10" coil does. I get the high pitch above silver sound and the cross hair is buried at the top right corner. Other than that it works well and pinpoints like a charm. Here's some info from Andy S. and MSN.

http://www.docsdetecting.com/docsplace/wotfldrprt.html

http://groups.msn.com/MinelabExplorerXSusers/wotcoiltips.msnw

I have to agree with ED as Excellerater dropped their 18 inch version and only makes the 16.5 now. I love my 10 x 14, I don't get much use for the WOT, not because it's not a great coil, but it's pretty big and awkward in corn stubble, and it is really pushing the envelope for largest coil for the machine to manage. I just ordered the 16.5 (for beach work) so I couldn't tell you much about that. I do know on the beach my 14" EXcellerator didn't get much of a depth difference from my 10 inch stock, and that may be because there was too much trash for a coil to be used of that size, I was in all metal at the time though, so it wasn't nulling out, but a coil that size is not going to have the best separation. If a concern is weight, the Sun Ray x 12 is lighter than the stock, more stable and gets better depth, all my Sun Ray coils are my favorites as their weight and quality are unsurpassed, just wish I or someone could talk Ralph into making elipticals.:detecting:

I have to agree with ED as Excellerater dropped their 18 inch version and only makes the 16.5 now. I love my 10 x 14, I don't get much use for the WOT, not because it's not a great coil, but it's pretty big and awkward in corn stubble, and it is really pushing the envelope for largest coil for the machine to manage. I just ordered the 16.5 (for beach work) so I couldn't tell you much about that. I do know on the beach my 14" EXcellerator didn't get much of a depth difference from my 10 inch stock, and that may be because there was too much trash for a coil to be used of that size, I was in all metal at the time though, so it wasn't nulling out, but a coil that size is not going to have the best separation. If a concern is weight, the Sun Ray x 12 is lighter than the stock, more stable and gets better depth, all my Sun Ray coils are my favorites as their weight and quality are unsurpassed, just wish I or someone could talk Ralph into making elipticals.:detecting: