Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil version download

I just purchased a used 9 inch coil, version unknown. I followed the information on page 24 of the manual, but all I got was a NO COIL indication on my remote. Do I have to down load version 4.0 on the coil? If so where do I get the down load? Currently I have version 4.0 on my remote. Thanks, Bill

Is it a LF or HF or X35 coil??

ok,
Well this is the first place I would start.

Pairing the remote control and the headphones with a new coil
If you purchase an additional coil, it will need to be paired with the remote control and the headphones. You can then switch between coils with a simple click via the remote control. To pair a new coil enter its serial number into the remote control and headphones. The serial number is printed on the coil and is sometimes found on the invoice as well.
- Before you pair a new coil, turn on the headphones and remote control. - Check that they both work correctly with your original coil. - Keep the headphones, remote control and also the new coil close to each other and follow the following steps
1. Press Option
2. Choose Coils with down arrow then press Select
3, Select an unused slot ( -------) with the down arrow then press select
4. At the point where the cursor is flashing, scroll through the characters using the +/- to make your choice.
5. At the sixth digit press Valid then the back arrow X2 to return to the main menu.
The remote control now adds this new coil to its list, then transfers the updated list to the headphones.

If the headphones do not recognize this coil, for example because they were switched off while the serial number was being entered in the remote control, You then have 2 options to pair it:
1: Turn on the headphones and the remote control with the previous coil (for example the original one). The list of coils from the remote control will be sent automatically to the headphones.
2: Enter this new coil’s serial number manually in the headphones as well.
A coil’s serial number is unique. The headphones or remote control cannot function with a coil if the number entered does not correspond to the actual serial number printed on the coil.

Hi, HD thanks for your reply. I have already followed the above instructions and the coil did not recognize the serial number. That is why I think I need to reload the version into my remote ? My other question is where or how do I access the download procedure? Bill

I've gone to their website, but I cant find the information on how to download version 4.0 on my computer so I can re-update my remote to work with the 9 inch LF coil. Sorry for my ignorance in trying to understand how this detector operates. Bill

3rd line from the top of this page is FAQ line got to it then go to the XP Americas site and at the top of that page is a support drop down with the Deus updates in it. also all kinds of information too. Tom

Funny I had the same problem yesterday.
I have a new X35 coil that is loaded in the remote, but I hadn't used the headphones with it yet.
When I went to try it, it wasn't there.

to fix...
I turned off the headphones.
I turned on my remote and selected a different coil and waited for it link.

Turned on the headphones and waited for them to link.

Then I switched the remote to the new coil and waited for them to link.

My headphones linked and I was good to go.

I have found that when switching to a new coil its best to start the remote and headphones with what ever coil with the last coil used, change to the coil you want to use on the remote and then quickly on the headphones. I have found it to be a pain sometimes...

I just got a 3.2 version Remote and can't get the LF coil to pair. Not sure if its because metal to close to pair indoors. I don't have the headphones. Any help appreciated HH Ron

Hi Ron, The problem was I did not know how to access the information I needed to connect my remote to my coils. I was looking for version 4.0 down load, but wound up with 4.1 and it works fine. I believe the information you need is in the posts by Uncle Tom also there is a YouTube video on coil pairing. HH Bill

Hi El, As I stated in my previous post I didn't know how access the info. I wanted, but thanks to the replies I was able to figure it out. BTW the 9 inch coil works great! Thanks, Bill