Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil weight difference between 9 and 11in coils?

bleeohio

I had one of the first version deus with the 9 in coil. I let it go and am thinking of a newer one. I liked the balance of the 9 in coil but am thinking of an 11. Does this make the machine frontheavy or is the balance comparable? thanks

The difference between the two coils - 9" and 11" - is negligible . . . a matter of grams . . . 400 grams for the 9" and 405 grams for the 11". The 11"x13" is a heavier design and weighs in at 600 grams.

The original 9" coil design was heavier than the current 11" coil so you will actually see less weight that before if you are coming from one of the original coils.

The center of balance is optimized on the 11" coil unlike the 11x13 which is nose-heavy and is the reason many people use the after-market block.

Hope this answers your question

Andy