Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Weight

Ga Rebel

I have a White's 10 DD coil. Seems like every one talks about the 6X10 DD more than the 10 DD. Could that be because the 10 DD is new and not as many people have it yet? Or is it that the 6X10 DD is that much lighter than the 10 DD? If so, would the lost in depth going from the 10 DD to a 6X10 DD be worth the difference in weight? Swinging each a couple hours, would you feel the difference? Hope this question isn't too confusing!!!!!

Thanks all.

Rebel,
The 6X10 coil has been around for years. I have one and feel the way most do, it's an outstanding coil. I don't know the
weight difference but you can get that off of Whites website. I think you have a very good coil from what I've read and should do real well with it. Good Hunting!!

Rebel use the search feature. The coil weights have been covered as well as most coils. The 10" is a little heavier but not enough for me to notice. The 10" has more depth than the 6x10 and a little more coverage. The sites you hunt will determine if the depth advantage is needed. In my case when I am at home in Illinois, yes it matters. When I'm down here in Texas I don't need the depth but don't see what I gain taking the time to switch to the 6x10. If it gets trashy I put on my 6" DD. It is as deep as the 6x10 but doesn't have the coverage. Rob

Ga Rebel said:
I have a White's 10 DD coil. Seems like every one talks about the 6X10 DD more than the 10 DD. Could that be because the 10 DD is new and not as many people have it yet? Or is it that the 6X10 DD is that much lighter than the 10 DD? If so, would the lost in depth going from the 10 DD to a 6X10 DD be worth the difference in weight?
Ga Rebel, the 10" coil is a very good coil, but the 6X10 elliptical DD can be a good coil too. The 6X10 has been around a lot longer and therefore would have established a 'following', just like some of us who like other coils.

Generally, I favor a smaller-than-stock coil and in White's offerings that has been the 5.3 Eclipse. I like this 6