Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil

Blacksheep

I live in Minnesota and want another coil for the MXT that will provide some better separation in trashy areas. Would you all suggest the 5.3 or 6x10. I currently have the 9.5 coil. Thanks

I have both. Either will separate better than the 9.5, but the 5.3 does it better than the 6X10 at the cost of less coverage. Except for terribly trashy areas, I find the 6X10 works well enough that it's my most used coil. If you often hunt extremely trashy areas and have the patience to slow down and weed out the goodies, the 4X6 is way superior in my opinion to any of the others, at the expense of ground coverage and moderate depth. My two bits,
HH
BB

Hi there Blacksheep
Another MN dirt fisherman here with a MXT. I have two coils that I love. First and most used is the 6X10. I have the 3X5 wich I use when it gets too trashy for the 6X10. Once you get these coils you will never use the 9.5 again. Strongly recommend that you also get a copy of the MXT Edge. It will make you an expert MXT operater.
HH Ben

Hey Blacksheep, I have been using the 6x10 for about a year and it is solid for general use , but for heavier trash get the 3x6 shooter . I just got

mine last week, and have gone back over areas I've hunted before and sniped out a silver ring , some wheaties , and old buttons. (no camera yet)

With this little coil you can get between the tabs and bottle caps, but you must slow your swing speed way down in the heavy trash . One more thing

I've heard that these small coils don't go too deep , but i've already dug numerous signals at 6-7 inches ! Good Luck ! Gregory, Santa Fe.

That little 4X6 shooter coil is great for those very trashy site and it has depth too. The 6X10 is what my wife uses the most on her MXT as this coil will cut though most trash, has depth and easy to swing in some of the taller grass.