Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil

John 71

I weighed my standard 11 inch coil on the safari to my 8 inch concentric coil and they weigh the same . But when I have the 11 inch coil on the I D is very slow. Put the 8 inch coil on and the I D is much faster. I like the 8 inch oven the standard coil.

Hmmmm thay doesn't sound right John i really havent noticed any difference in target response but i do notice more targets responding when i have a smaller coil on maybe thats what your noticing.

All I know is when I have the large coil on the ID well not change very fast. Real slow. And when I have the 8 coil on I can put coins about 6 inch from each other and the ID well change with each one at a normal swing of the coil. I had trouble with etrac doing this. Don't have the etrac anymore. Don't know what the deal is.??

Yes its doing exactly what it should the Safari is a slow swing detector becouse the recovery speed is so slow. Also check your high and low trash settings.

I have not experienced any noticeable target id response delay. And this is after using the pro coil 11", the detech sef 8x6 and now currently on the Safari, the detech 13" ultimate Are you changing /experimenting between low trash and high trash settings ? The high trash setting uses a different set of algorithm to allow faster target id, albeit not as accurate as low trash (my default setting ) . HH.

Well...The other day,my Safari gave me a crappy audio signal...Like rasp rasp with a jumping ID in the 30ies...

I use it with the 13" ultimate coil...

The result was a belgian pre-euro coin at a measured 15 inches depth.

No wonder if I sold my Equinox..

Yesss Nick the Safari is a a deep seeker when swunging slow good job on the recovery.

The Detech Ultimate 13 ", has brought my go to sites back to life... I would say that i can get 3 to maybe 4 more inches in depth in auto depth setting, low trash and relic mode than the pro coil 11" and the Detech 8x6 SEF... Since New year's day, with the Ultimate , I have dug a seated dime (1883) , buckles, tacks and a host of square nails from known previously hunted sites. The Ultimate 13 is really sensitive in that when the seated dime was detected, the tid was a quick, bounce between 36-38 ,, then after re scanning from different angles showed a steady 38. I believe the recovery depth was close to 11-12 inches when retrieved.
One indicator that I miss about the pro coil ,is that older silver found (SLQs, Barber, seated dimes ) would usually bounce between 38-39 for me and the graph id indicator would point to the "I" in Silver.... That is not the case with the both detech coils : Ultimate and 8x6 SEF. ..IMO.. HH