Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CoilCovers!!!!!!!!!!

ikandigit

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to make a CoilCover!!!!!!.I just priced some and they can get costly,especially if you need two or more ...I was wondering if you could coat them with a Product called "PlasticDip".,Normally used to coat tool handels and the like????????. Let me know what you think on the subject!................HappyHunting.

Boy! I wish I was back in my 8th grade shop class...We had a machine that would take thin sheets of polystyrene and form it around objects with heat and vacuum...it would have made a glove tight coil cover in seconds...

That shop class thing would have been perfect.I just tried a spray-on truck bed coating.Its supposed to be a poly vinyl based product,..if it doesnt work i will gently scrape it off and do something diferent.....HappyHunting.

Still waiting for ikandigit's air test of the plastic dip coil. Got mine at the ready. [GRIN] ikandigit should [could] also tell about his NEW Time Ranger! [GRIN]

Hey dougmoore34,I just tried out the air test only to find that my batteries were drained.I didn"t coat the coil with plastic dip as the store was out,so i used a spray on truck bed coating,...about $8.00 a can.The can will do several coils.I hope to post the findings this weekend when my new dual 9volt charger with two 280mah batteries arrives.I purchased it from "BatteryMonster".com for $18.00,not a bad deal if they work as planned,untill then..... HappyHunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just completed my air tests with the "TimeRanger",with the 8" Coil.I found that the spray-on Truck bed coating gave these results:At about 6 to 7 inches with the machine on the all metal mode,and holding any coin...ie: nickle,,dime..quarter. on edge to the coil,which gives the least surface area to pick up,I recieved an audible tone.I also held these same coins flat,giving the most surface area to the Coil and recieved readings at approximately 10 inches.I do however think that on my 4 and 10 inch Coils I will put on two even light coats and call it good as this first Coil was coated a bit heavy.My recomendation,try one coil fixed this way,,in the field, before you do all your coils,to see how it works in the real world so to speak.I was pleased with the air tests and hope the weather gets better soon so I can try my new detector with my newly preparred Coil.,,,,HappyHunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I would post a photo but it would look the same as a stock Coil as the truck bed coating is black,and I dont have a camera that works at this time.............HappyHunting!!!!!!!!!