Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coils for original bandido?

been using a friends original Bandido some. really like the depth when properly set. it has the flat white open hole coil, same as my Silver Sabre Plus. has anyone tried a 5.75 on one? i hunt some real trash sites. may acquire the unit and was wondering about coil choice. also the places this would be used- relic hunting --tons of iron. any tips on this old warhorse would be appreciated. i had an original eldorado i sold to a member here- man i miss that machine so bad.. but i think the bandido will fill that gap.

ideas and suggestion appreciated... Carey

Hi Carey,

I have owned the original Bandido since 2001, I bought it new old stock from a small dealer in town. The 5.75 concentric coil is a dandy, it works very well in the iron nails. It is a very light and handy size for working tight places and a person can soon be swinging it too fast. It needs to be swung slow and methodically to do a good job. I presently have the 4", 5.75" and several 7" coils for my Tesoros, and to tell you the truth, I use the 8" more than any one of them because it too handles the trash very well. I have found that by raising the 8" coil a couple more inches above the ground than I normally do, that it picks through the trash pretty good

By keeping the coil a little higher you are effectively decreasing the area searched and sensitivity of that area. If I understand how coils work properly. This should be roughly akin to using a smaller coil at lower sensitivity. I had a bandito that really loved coins. I didnt realize how great it was until I sold it and tried another detector in the same area.

I own a few early Tesoro machine's including the Silver Sabre11 and the UK version of the Bandido called the Laser B3,the coils that i currently use on what you would call the Bandido are the 8'' Polo coil,7'' WideScan and the 4'' hockey puck.The main one i use is the larger Polo for when on ploughed and rolled and the 7'' for roman and saxon sites as these are usually high trash sites and these machines work a treat.

The small 4'' coil is mainly used for river and foreshore work and the older Tesoro machines using this small coil is still the finest machines for mudlarking on the River Thames as the iron separation and discrimination is about as good as you will ever find.

Currently buying a NEL Sharpshooter coil for my Tesoro machines as in my opinion this will make a deadly combination,these machines will never win medal for real depth but i dont use them for depth but the iron rejection on most of our real early sites we have alot of trash,but when you use a Tesoro it rare that you will dig a massive amount of iron.

They are really great machines albeit not my main machine/s but for certain busy sites no other machine will touch them,if anything is in the top 6-8'' then a Tesoro will probably nail it.

thanks for the input folks.. sorry for late reply had family crisis to deal with.. all's well. i do tend to swing too fast with the Bandido. that i believe is a common human problem, not a Tesoro problem. i have a brand "x" that reqires a slow sweep. and i dont... my fault. i guess i will stand by the 8 inch open hole white original. maybe pick up a 5.75 later. my Bandido does go pretty deep in sand so i will continue to use it. sure miss my Eldorado....