Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils for the Equinox?

They mentioned coils for the Equinox in one of the videos but it isn't clear if the Equinox is going to have its own specific coils or are going to be able to use another model coils. Any word on this?

I hope they release the manual for download once the machine gets closer to production. I had been hoping for a multi-frequency waterproof X-Terra but this seems to be a pleasant compromise.

I took it as 3 dedicated coils for the Equinox, did not sound like interchangeable coils from other machines. 6" 11" 12" x 15"

Being the unit itself is priced as very reasonable, I wonder what the coils will cost?

It sure would be nice if they were interchangeable but I doubt it. Probably 6 and the 15 will equal about the price for CTX..

I would bet in the office pool, proprietary coils and $200 to $250 per coil so you are still $1k below a CTX.

Another video I saw appeared to clarify they are specific coils for the Nox.

IIRC it took Minelab a while to release the larger/smaller coils after they introduced the CTX. I hope they have the other coils available for sale when the EQ is released.

I hope it's a 12x15, not 15x12.. If it's only one inch wider then the 11"stock you won't gain anything but ground coverage.
For Deep coin hunting In parks I like the wider coils like the Tornado or WOT for a noticeable depth increase..
Bryan