Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils for Whites TDI SL

Rog in Wales UK

New member here, but been detecting for a long time and lately (last 2 years) been exploring the Whites TDI series of detecors on beaches.
I am in the UK, so one on my detectors a TDI BeachHunter was bought in the UK, another of same from USA, a TDI Special Edition from USA and a TDI SL from UK. So I do not mind purchasing from overseas.
I am having problems in locating alternative coils for beach use here (no real miniralisation) in UK. My most desired coils is the 14"x8" Digger Jimmy Scierra by Miner John (99.5% of detectorists in UK wont even have heard of it) as it balances the SL really well. Second choice is the Nugget Finder 14"x9" mono SL.
Can anyone please direct me to a shop/store anywhere in the world that may have either of these coils please?
Thank you,
Kind Regards,
Roger

The coils were bought for beach detecting.
Detech 15"x8" Mono and 15"x10" Mono.
The closed 15"x8" works fine, but using it on the beach where the sand is wet with a very thin skin of water on the surface (don't know how else to describe it) is not pleasant as it sticks to the sand every time you stop swinging. It takes effort to dislodge it and the coil to shaft angle changes every time necessitating a tweak by the right boot (need a coil stabiliser) to correct the angle. On wet sand it is ok, no issue. I will try to attach a video here to illustrate better.
I have never used a closed coil previously and sadly the 15"x8" will not be used as often as I had hoped. This is the reason I bought the open 15"x10". I have not used it yet though.
Regards,
Rog
PS Cannot add video, so 3 photographs. The detector is not put onto the sand, it is suspended by a bungee.

Attachments

• wet sand.jpg
    wet sand.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 33
  • coil stuck to sand.jpg
    coil stuck to sand.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
  • surface tension.jpg
    surface tension.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 29
One of them Aussie boys should have one.Shop in Arizona has 14 x 9 Nugget Finder at a price.Got me one of those bad boys recently, SL that is. Think I'm gunna' have fun. Sticking with the 12" stock dual field coil. I'll be broke soon if I don't get me some of that yellar.