Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils Not Pairing

DrJoeprime

Been busy and not detecting for about seven months. Everything was at about half charge as of then. I decided to start detecting and find my backphones DEAD! OK..no problem...charged them up. Fire the controller up and the backphones don't connect to coil. I look at controller and it clearly blinks: NO COIL!

I go to coil setup and select the proper coil (11"). The coil flashes once brightly then nothing...for about 30 seconds. So iot's blinking but at a very slow rate. I dig out my older 9" coil..charge it up to 100% and select that one ...and it does exactly the same blinks once brightly and about 30 seconds to the next blink.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

With the controller off turn the puck on then use the menu button to scroll down to the coil id and make sure it matches the coil your using. Ive found that sometimes the puck will not automatically connect to a different coil and you have to do this.

I put the 9" coil back to charge...and turning controller on...it paired right away. After the full charge it was fine again and acting like nothing had happened. Did it on the 11" too and I am all set now.

I didn't want to mention that these are the original batteries from my January 2011 purchase. So going on 8 years and looking like I might be able to wait a bit longer to get the new batteries. The 11" coil is from 2013 or so...pretty close to when they came out.

Just be aware of the battery care section in the manual regarding storage.
It is always a good idea to partly charge your machine every few months if in storage.
Glad you found a resolve.