Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils... VFLEX and NO Tag How to Tell FQ?

MoSafari

Apparently, my brain takes long naps, but I still seem to function enough to buy coils from the classified forums.

Again, apparently, I forget that I bought a certain coil, and will buy another that may be the same coil.

I have three VFLEX coils, but I have no idea what frequency that they are. My aim was to buy one of each frequency, but I have no idea if I have done that, or, have two, or, three of the same frequency.

Is there a way to tell what frequency of VFLEX coils that I purchased?

Also, I have a couple of coils that just have a silver tag on them with a number like "L00154"... there is no Xterra tag on it to tell me what frequencey that it is. Is there a way to tell what the frequency is? Would I have to contact Minelab and give them the numbers, like "L00154" and they can track if for me?

I have a coil list, but apparently I have not included some of my purchases, and I may have duplicate coils.

Any information that can help me sort this out, before spring arrives, would be great.

Thank you,

MoSafari

If you can try them before ya buy, plug them in on the 70 & 705, press the Menu Select button and then hold down on the Accept/Reject button. cS is standard concentric cL is standard Low Freq cH is concentric HF dS is standard freq dL is DD LF dH is DD HF. If you are talking about the numbers on the coils, a L...M...H at the first of the number is the freq.

morelic55,

Thank you, very much, for the information on how to identify the Xterra coils. I wonder why Minelab didn't put ID stickers on them. I know that some Minelab coils do have ID Stickers.

I kind of had guessed that L meant LOW FREQ, and the H was for HIGH FREQ... but what I don't understand is how I ended up with

THREE 6" HIGH Frequency coils, and TWO 9" LOW Frequency coils. Apparently someone wasn't updating his MINELAB COIL master list that I keep on the computer. To make it worse, I thought that I had bought a mid frequency coil in the mix along the line. Perhaps, someone sold me a different frequency coil, thinking that he was sending the mid frequency coil that he had sold me.

Like I said, sometimes my brain takes a nap... apparently it took a very long and costly nap. Now, I have to sell two 6" High Frequenc coils, and one 9" LOW frequency coil.

Again, thank you for your help.

All the best,

MoSafari

It's easy to forget if you don't use the detector often. I forgot what i had too, and went back on this forum reading my 5 year old posts and was able to figure out what i had. Try looking at some of your older posts...if you bragged about your new coils (like i did) you'll be able to see what you have or had.

Oh, i have to correct post above. Actually i learned from Digger what my coils were by the L, M, or H initials and that told me what coils i had were. THEN i finally figured out go back look at old posts and discovered i'd written about a 3khz concentric and that's the one i couldn't remember if i had or not. Well i don't have it now...darn, still hoping it shows up someplace after we cleaned out the garage, that was my favorite coil.

Anyways, Morelic, that information you posted is great.

Mosafari, how often do you metal detect? I lost track of mine from not using them very often, whereas you sort of sound like a collector...ok i was gonna say hoarder, LOL. Aren't we all in some ways...

I used to be active in the mid 80's, then due to job requirements for success, I took no vactions and had no real time for me from about 1988 until just about 2003. Then, some health issues occured, obviously from not taking vactaions, or, metal detecting, until about now... when I have decided that I had better start digging in the dirt, before it becomes my permanent place of residence. :)

Since I don't smoke, never did drugs, drink less than I should, and gave up women for Lent a few years ago, when I realized that I wasn't a very good chooser, I decided to put effort and money into buying equipment in the hopes that one day, I would do what I loved, dig for sliver.

I had a master list of coils, but apparently, I didn't register the coils as I bought them on the list. Then, I ended up having a duplicate copy of he list, that wasn't quite a duplicate.

Nope,. never been on a forumn and bragged about my coils, I'm not one to bragg. That's almost a sin in my way of thinking.... can go up to the edge of bragg.... but not cross over.

MoSafari.

Well gosh, it sounds like you've worked hard, hopefully you're over those health issues you mentioned, and now you're ready to dig that silver. Go for it. Hope you do great and post lots of pictures. I won't be digging here in WV for awhile, all the ground is frozen. Well good luck to you. At least you know what you have now. I hope you have a 3KHZ concentric. That's the one i used to brag about the most...not because of having it, but bragging ON it because of the fantastic job it did on finding quarters and especially dimes.

pplinker.... thanks for the kind words..... Ground is getting hard here, too. All week below freezing, tonight's low is supposed to be about 9 degrees. Great for the garlic that I planted last fall. :) Not so good for digging. I got permission to hunt a yard from a long gon 1800'a house. Unfortunately the state highway department, also, got the owners permisssion..... to dump load after load of dirt that they have dug up in the widening of the highway. back yard has about two feet of dirt on it now. Small front yard,is of yet untouched. Come on 40's-50's, :)

In my list, I have that I have a 3hz 9" coil, but I will have to check it to tell if it is a concentric coil... Apparently, the logging of the coils that I have, is not as accurate as I would have liked, or, believed it to be. :)

All the best,

MoSafari

All of the X-Terra coils that are round spider design are concentric...............Mark

Thanks, a MILLION, Mark....

My 6" VFLEX coils are solid, and all of my 9" coils are the spider type.

For some reason, I was thinking that the solid coils were concentric, and that the spider coils were not. Thanks for setting me straight... I'm very new to the 705. Been buying coils for it, but have never fired it up, as I use my Safari most of the time....

Most of the time being, the one hunt that I got in in 2012, and the one that I got in in 2013..... none in 2014.

I have decided that 2015 is my year to get back to detecting.

MoSafari