Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils

A

Anonymous

12.5 or 14" Ex coil, how are you going to know what's best? Is there a big difference in weight. Are coil covers available for both? JR help me out.

Greg,
I have a 14 inch coil as do a few others, Digger has a 12.5 maybe we can all compare notes and see who's is better. i do know that the 14 will get more depth (in ground) than the stock and from what I am seeing now I would say it will get 2-4 inches deeper than the stock. There is a post below about the weight, the 14 is about 6-8 ounces heavier than the stock, the 12.5 I think is about half way between the 2.
Ray

Thanks Ray, I watch this forum every day and I want to buy one soon. Greg in Fraser Mi

the 12.5 EXcelerator and the 14 inch EXcelerator will have similar characteristics. They are both made by the same manufacturer and are, for all practical purposes, identical other than size. When comparing different sized coils made by the same manufacturer (e.g. DD Eclipse vs DD Shooter or TS800 vs TS1000), I have found that generally the larger coils go deeper and the smaller coils don't weigh as much. This is if you are comparing apples to apples, or in this case DD coil to DD coil. What coil you choose will depend on your hunting style and what you are searching for. If your targets are deep relics and you hunt in wide open spaces, the larger coil may be your choice. If you hunt for coins in brushy areas, you may find the larger coil harder to manuever and may not separate the trashy items like you desire. The only thing for certain in metal detecting is that nothing is for certain. Your style will differ from the next guy and so will your finds. The main things to remember are to enjoy the hobby and respect other's opinions. Some folks seem to forget these things after awhile.

Digger you just cant leave it alone, bet you pick at scabs till they bleed.

Sorry to disappoint you Richard, but I don't have scabs. However, your comment certainly reinforces that you are one condescending individual. Your unprovoked attacks merely show others on this forum the type of person you can be.

Guys,
We're all on the same team here, No two people will ever have the same opinion on everything
I personally have got great advice from the both of you, You are both older detectorers with years of experiance in detecting as well as life, can't ya just call a truce and let this go ??
Ray