Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coils

lost Hunter

[size=large]Okay let me ask this, on the BH505 which would be the better coil ? 4"-8"-10"-10 1/4 mag Dose size matter ?[/size]

It all depends on what type of hunt you choose to do. For the beach and wide open areas the 10" coil will allow you to cover more ground, but can be trickier to pinpoint with, harder to seperate trash from treasure in trashy areas. The 8" coil is designed with the purpose of providing the best of both worlds depth and the ability to cover more area faster. The 4" coil is my favorite though because I like to cover a small area in a hunt and take my time. I find stuff I would miss otherwise. The 4" coil is my favorite coil. Gets right in close to big metal without picking it up in tot lots and such. Its easy to pinpoint with and separate trash from treasure in trashy areas. Cons to this coil are less depth takes longer to cover an area if you search big areas. It all boils down to each coil serves a purpose and buying a new coil is cheaper than buying a new detector. HH

If I could only have one coil for my 505 I must admit it would be the stock 10" coil...but since I can have more than one I prefer the BH 4". I also like to go slow and get into tricky spots other detectors couldnt possible fit. Just my opinion. HH. Matt

:twodetecting:Thanks Matt no one said anything about the 10 1/2" mag coil, I just want this is a good detector before I invest more money into it, Was thinking about Fisher F5, But if my 505 is getting a good rating from the ones that really go out and use it I can can justify spending the cash for new coils a lot cheaper that way:blink: It will be a few weeks before I get mine back from 1ST Texas, so I have Lot's of time to do the research Thank again for your reply I need all the help I can get Jim

Hey Lost Hunter
I got a never used 10 1/4" Black Magmun coil with coil cover for sale 45.00 shipped if you are interested let me know.
Gary

LostHunter that coil may not work on your detector it will work on pre 2003 detectors ONLY
Gary