Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils

wildbill!!

Looking at the 5x8 DD vs 4.5 sniper coil. I'm relic hunting in an iron infested spot. I need some feedback on these coils

5x8 comes stock on the Gold, I have found plenty of relics with mine. Good choice.

I'm really happy with the 5x8 on my AT Max. Been able to pick out plenty of good stuff scattered amoungts the trash and getting some good depth as well. Good alternative to the stock coil in heavy trash for sure.

I'm really happy with the 5x8 on my AT Max. Been able to pick out plenty of good stuff scattered amoungts the trash and getting some good depth as well. Good alternative to the stock coil in heavy trash for sure.
That's what I was hoping for. I have used it in a semi trashy area and found a few goodies in the iron that I missed with the stock coil.

My Pro came with the 8 1/2 x 11 and the 5 x 8. I do a lot of water detecting and found the large coil to be a pain to use in the water as well as on land due to extra weight and with the larger size could not get in between the rocks and bushes in the field. I took the large coil off after using it once and have not had it back on the machine since... 5x8 light weight, easy to maneuver, don't get pushed around as much by water current/waves..