Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coilteck AI coil response

Digger70pa

I tried my 14" AI coil yesterday. I had trouble with it. Everything sounded the same. All targets had a double response. Is that normal? Any help is appreciated.

NO!!! It should run like your other coils except for the fact it pinpoints in the centre of the left side of the coil. If all tones are the same, check the Signal Peak setting as it may be too low, Factory Preset is 16. If the Signal Peak setting is ok, you have a duff coil. Not sure what you mean by Double Response. Most signals are two toned except the very deep ones, that is a high/low or low/high tone. A deep is more mono. Targets near the surface can give two responses.

It allmost was like four signals on one target that I went over. Very confusing to say the least.

I hope I didn't get a bad coil. It didn't respond like the factory DD.

Digger70pa said:
It allmost was like four signals on one target that I went over. Very confusing to say the least.

Was the target ferrous or non-ferrous. As you probably know a length of elongated iron can give two or three signals.

Also check you switches, make sure the Coil/Rx switch is at DD, it is easily knocked to Mono or Cancel in transportation.

If you know someone else with a GPX ask them to try the coil, if they get the same results it is a faulty coil.

filternozzle said:

Was the target ferrous or non-ferrous. As you probably know a length of elongated iron can give two or three signals.

Also check you switches, make sure the Coil/Rx switch is at DD, it is easily knocked to Mono or Cancel in transportation.

If you know someone else with a GPX ask them to try the coil, if they get the same results it is a faulty coil.
Ok thanks I'll try those suggestions. I did make sure the machine was set to normal timing general search DD coil & tracking off.

I tried to use it yesterday. It's very different from any other coil I use. The responses are hard to comprehend.

When you get that multi signal, use just the left side of your coil over the target, and as usual circle around your target for discrimination. Pinpointing with this coil is my biggest challenge, but its been very productive around power lines.

Va Dave said:
When you get that multi signal, use just the left side of your coil over the target, and as usual circle around your target for discrimination. Pinpointing with this coil is my biggest challenge, but its been very productive around power lines.
Ok buddy. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try next time I'm around heavy emi.

Va Dave said:
Yes I'm having problems pinpointing with it also. Thanks for the info