Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek AI.. mono or dd?

BetaGod

Hello guys! I don't understand if Anti Interference coiltek coil are Mono or DD... Can someone tell me?

And.. how much deep i will lost with 11 AI compared with a normal 11DD commander in relic hunting?

BetaGod said:
Hello guys! I don't understand if Anti Interference coiltek coil are Mono or DD... Can someone tell me?

And.. how much deep i will lost with 11 AI compared with a normal 11DD commander in relic hunting?

They are neither Mono or DD... Coiltek informed my its a Hybrid.

The point of an Anti Interference coil is to combat high EMI. It enables one to detect in areas otherwise not detectable with the GPX so the loss of depth is really not an issue because if the detecting area is free of EMI you will use a standard Mono or DD coil.

If you were to compare it with a like size DD coil in areas clear of EMI the DD would give more depth. I use a 14" AI coil when there is a requirement to use one and would say it gives the same depth a 11" DD coil gives in areas free of EMI.

Hope this helps....

I got a 14" AI coil. It's a different animal. It changes signal responses from left swing to right swing. Meaning if your coil is swinging to the left on a high conductive target it'll sound off low high. On the swing back to the right it'll sound off high low. I found out it's the left swing response that's the correct ID of the target. It's a little confusing to me. I've used it a few times & had a little success. It also gives more than two responses over a target. I mean I'm no expert on this machine by far. I'm just now getting a grip on adjusting the machine for DD coils. A guy on this forum said to use only the left side of the coil when you get more than two tones. I haven't tried it out yet. But I could use it under power lines with out interference. HH

What do you hunt for? I'm a civil war relic hunter. Depth is always what a relic hunter wants. So bigger is deeper in most situations.

BetaGod said:
coin and relics! So i think 14 is better for me.. or both.. eheh

I hunt coins and the 14" is good for that, also the 14"AI being larger, will discriminate deeper than a 11"AI coil. Always take the 11" DD for areas clear of EMI.

BetaGod said:
What about this AI on high mineralized soil?

I don't know, we don't have high mineralised soil generally this side of the pond and certainly none in my area.

BetaGod said:
i'm undecided about 14" or 17"x11" .. :confused:

Very much a personal choice...

BetaGod said:
Guys is impossibile to find a coiltek AI in my country.. any alternatives coils?

Go to the manufacturers website and find out your nearest dealer who you can place an order with. Coiltek do not sell direct to the public.

As far as I am aware, there isn't another company selling AI coils for the GPX.

BetaGod said:
I searched in all europe.. no one had A.I. coils.. only one the 40x20.. really big for me!! :(

Authorised dealer can order for you.

BetaGod said:
I searched in all europe.. no one had A.I. coils.. only one the 40x20.. really big for me!! :(
eBay will have them.