Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek has a new owner!!!:coiltec:

Coiltek

HI ALL,
Trevor here (formerly Trev from Coiltek)

Congrats, Trevor.
On striving for a goal that is now in reach and what you make of it.

There are us out there using Coiltek products also other than gold hunters. Keep us in mind........when thinking of new products.

I am sure that the market has room for more great products from Coiltek.

congratulate him. So Congratualtions Trevor. I want you all to know if it were not for Trevor's persistence, the Lithium Ion battery Pokcet Rocket System would not be on the market today. It was Trevor's hard work and my pissin' and moanin' that finally got John Kah to give us the go ahead.

The system was great from the beginning, but as soon as we were able to source a 7800 mAh battery it really took off.

Trevor is already busy making his first NEW COIL. A Platypus mono. Mono's are hot property know that the GP4000 runs so smooth.

We all know what a winner the Platypus DD Pro has been. So we expect big things from the mono.

DOC

Trevor,

Congratulations, but I hope the emphasis on manufacture will not have any effect on your retail operations at Maryborough ? That is a great set up and I and I am sure many others would be disappointed if it did not keep going.

Can I also ask if you have plans yet for 2008 WA goldfield expeditions ? I am keen to go and that was going to be my year !

Hey Wiluna,
Thanks for your comments....

Never fear. what i do in Adelaide does not affect Maryborough as we are totally independant of each other. They will always remain as they are as I too believe they have a great set up there.

As for the expeditions, please contact Maryborough as they can inform you of correctly. I would hate to give you wrong information.

Doc, thanks for your comments also, I am looking forward to working with you again to help bring out more products. Hope your hoiliday is going great!!!

Trev

I dropped into the Adelaide plant with partner Bernie and given the grand tour...was dam interesting...have u still got that 10ft coil there?i have just the place to use that...only have to figure out where the head phones go...do u still have a open house policy...(come saygday..have a cup of coffee....
And i want first dibs on any new coil....DOC has 2 many anyway..ill drop in again soon

jh

pic...washing a nug

hey JH...
You know you are welcome any time...

catch you soon.
Trev

A platypus Mono! Thats great, I sure would like to test the first one, it would go good up here with everyone having the 4000's now, if its as good as the Platypus DD, it will be a great seller, and gold finder. Platypus is tops, Grubstake

The Platypus was a sleeper, no one would use it, until I tried it out and found gold the first time out with it, Now I think its one of the best selling coils out, We, up here in the motherload need waterproof coils, as most of the gold is in or around wet places, and the dew in the fall and winter is very heavy, Prime time up here its wet, with tall wet grass, knowing your not going to fry a coil, gives you the extra edge. A mono platypus will be a great edition to the arsonal for sure. Grubstake

Hi Trevor,

As a Coiltek user and dealer I think that is great news. Congratulations!

Since you are "the man" now I'll take this chance to ask for a product. I'd like to see an 3"x18" or 3"x20" coil like the Tesoro Cleansweep or Jimmy Sierra Bigfoot.

These type of coils do not get much depth per se, but are great for covering a large area while still being light enough to not kill a guy.

Just a thought for something new and different.

Steve Herschbach
Moore Creek Mining LLC

Good for you Trev!

Now, if we can just come up with a way to get your loops repaired "over here", we'll all be set. As it stands now, if it's under warranty, Doc replaces it free of charge. But, if it's out of warranty, we're pretty much SOL. I've got 2 Wallabys that need new cords. Nothing else wrong with them, but no one knows how to fix them except Minelab and they're not that receptive to repairing a competitors loops.

Any suggestions that don't involve shipping them all the way back to Oz?

Digger Bob

Hey there Digger,

I understand your frustration and wish i could give you an easy answer. Doc has the ability to make some repairs but without the right equipment and materials it is extremely difficult to repair a coil and make it perform at 110% capacity again. As all of the coils are hand made there is quite alot of work involved.

Please let me know what you believe the problem to be with the cables?

Thanks
Trev

Hi Trev,

Both loops have a short at or near the connection to the box. Probably got pulled at some time and broke a wire or a solder in the screw connector. I tried having one repaired at a local electronics shop, but it didn't work. My Wallaby is my favorite loop but without it now I'm having to use a Nuggetfinder 14" elip. to get the coverage and depth of my faithful Wallaby.

Digger Bob