Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek WOT on Xterra = kerchingggg

Terra1959

G'day :ausflag:

Hunted today with a friend and his CTX3030, we hunt together most Sunday mornings.
I fired up the old girl (XTerra70) with a 15" Coiltek WOT coil at the business end
After a couple of coins out popped a very welcome 9K ring (TID24)
My 2nd gold ring within 9 days :biggrin:
I ended the day with $97 in modern coins (XT70 and I outdid the CTX by $23) so I am happy as a pig in mud :)
What a awesome combination ...great detector + great coil , at a well researched site = results :thumbup:
happy swinging

T59

Hi Terra!
Great sunday catch! Sweet ring. And good cash as well.
Yeah the constilation Xterra with WOT is superb.

Just love mine on the field. Never tried on park or beach though.

Guess you have the MF WOT?

Mike

Hi Mike
I started out with the MF but have all 3 frequency WOT's now + the 6" Digger of course ;)
T59

which coil were you using when you found that gols ring 7.5 khz, 18.75 khz or diggers 3 khz???

Thanks!!!!

What kind of depth are you getting with the xt70/15wot combo?

Hi again, :)

I was using the HF18.75khz Coiltek WOT when i found the gold ring and coins last weekend.

Depth ...I have done some field testing of all 3x WOT coils and find my results very similar to Diggers results
Randy's results are hereabouts in this forum and are better laid out than my field tests

Being from Downunder, I used Australian coins, both modern and old pre decimal ( pre 1966 ) copper and silver coins + jewellery
Air tests with coin resting on the ground surface I have consistently got 11" with all 3 Coiltek WOT coils
- and on some coins like sterling silver Shillings it reached up to 13" (LF coil)
I would hope to get a little better in the ground (especially moist ground)

To date my in ground usage I have pulled old copper pennies and small to medium silvers from some impressive depths.
...depths where I have started questioned myself , thinking "it cant be further, it must be ground noise or really deep large junk " then being rewarded with an old pre decimal coin after digging down deeper .
I can honestly say that before I put a WOT on my ageing old XTerra70 I thought 11 -12" depths was outside its capabilities - but now I am a believer .:thumbup:
I can reach depths with my ole XT70 to rival and equal my expensive new CTX3030

To me, depth is not everything though...I am a slow and methodical hunter and like to cover all the ground.
These 15" WOT's help me cover that ground much quicker. ;)

Happy swinging and please check out Diggers tests for comprehensive answers on depth
T59:ausflag::)

How are your WOT's in trash? Most of my older sites are pretty junk-ridden, lots of small iron and tin. While the newer sites have plenty of foil, pulltabs and screw caps.

Hi Mtnmn,

Normally big coils are the not the best choice for really trashy sites..
But IMHO a DD WOT with its blade like field of detection is better than a big Concentric coil
I do not like to use too much Disc. generally but if area I am hunting is trash infested and I have a WOT on I use the Disc button / swap for a smaller coil / or move on.

Screwcaps are a problem with every detector I have owned and every coil I run - many of them are the same size and sound just like a $1 or $2 coin here in Oz.
I always try to dig at least a few pulltabs each hunt as thats where the smaller 9k gold rings come in at.
Foil is Disc'ed out ( My programs mostly start at +6 ,+:geek: as a rule of thumb and is not dug unless its a big screwed up wad of the stuff that came in at around TID 20

I hope that answers for you:)
and happy swinging :detecting:

T59

Thanks, that was pretty much what I was afraid of with those big WOT's. Have been gradually getting away from the high trash areas and hunting the more isolated areas for older coins, so still may get one of the big WOT's just because of its superior coverage and depth. Have just about enough in cleaned clad to buy one.

Yes I use the WOT MF on less thrasy areas and it just cover so much ground in one sweep. Like the balance and the easiness to swing for hours....terrific coil indeed!!

Mike