Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek WOT

oldmoney

Any body on here have the Coiltek WOT for their Safari? If so do you have any settings that you like to use when your on dry ground? Sand? Is it worth the money? Is it any better than the stock coil?
I do more coin hunting than relic, and I am hooked on beach hunting for rings as well.

Thanks for your input.

Big coils are made for cleaner ground.

I have used a WOT on the beaches locally but found it was a little on the heavy side for me due to my not being physically the same as in younger years!lol. I don't like wearing any irritating and constraining straps etc; although I have 2 set up's including the swingy thingy, I never use them. Other than that, it is a great asset on the beach and in wide open spaces like field's etc; where you want to cover a lot of real estate. I can't help you with settings, although I swing in A.M. either Auto or 17-18 usually with the stock coil..

I hope I didn't do something dumb.:huh:
I've been looking for a Coiltek WOT for my Safari. I just bought one used on ebay for 130.00 shipped. Its the older model, not the MKII. Seller says its in excellent condition and works.

To answer my own question, yes. It was a mismatch. The ears on the coil are too thick and wide to allow full rotation of the coil. The bolt holes are too large and the supplied bolt is to large for the holes in the lower shaft. I've just talked to the vendor and he thinks I can trade lower shafts with an e-trac (he says will work with the coil). While i appreciate the free lower shaft he offered, I think I'll end up sending it back.:rage: