Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin Beach Delaware

surfman

Coin Beach Hibernia.
F7B58723-E4AF-4B72-A080-C6DB03DD578A.jpeg

Great find, It do's look like an Irish coin. I went to coin beach a few weeks ago, Only found some clad, and that was by the ramps. Did dry and wet and surf. beach was replenished and made detecting hard. congrats.

Nice. I can't tell what it is other than an old coin. Any ideas? Is it Irish?
It’s a Irish Hibernia. You can see the harp.

Hi bud,
What advantage does the excalibur have over the ctx on the beach performance wise.I'm just talking wet sand performance,not performance actually in the water.
Cheers.
I’m not sure. I do have both. I don’t use the CTX on the beach much. I prefer the Excal. I’ve modded out mine with the remote pinpoint and a 12x10sef. It’s a beast depth wise. Both are good. The Excal is specifically designed for this work.

Funny story though. There was a father and son out there with a Vanquish. Looked brand new. Pulled that coin right out of his foot prints.

0C2B678F-2563-4792-A8D1-864255EA32BA.jpeg

That’s maybe a little better.

F1239829-E4D6-4BEE-9ACE-5F3A8BDE0393.jpeg

Attachments

• 657CD6B7-D0A7-4034-97CA-75DE68F7255D.jpeg
    657CD6B7-D0A7-4034-97CA-75DE68F7255D.jpeg
    812.4 KB · Views: 135
That’s one from Hurricane Sandy.

I’ll stop with this also from Sandy. Four stuck together.
D9B35566-D735-409C-A2EC-A52669BFA8EA.jpeg

Did you keep those 4 stuck together or pry them apart? Funny thing is I found one over across the inlet on Indian river beach and that was prior to me even knowing the story..unfortunately the one I found was a slicker.. I’ve never found one yet on coin beach side..
It’s just like I found it. My first find was actually two that were stuck together. They separated in my pouch. I found eleven others. About half are beautiful coins with all the detail. No reason to separate them. Sandy uncovered them but a nor’easter about three weeks later pushed them up on the beach. I think I had three wash up in front of me. Just picked them up. Was a great time.

I might go back out there tomorrow. If you’re close by you’re welcome to join me.

I might go back out there tomorrow. If you’re close by you’re welcome to join me.
Thanks for the invite Surfman..I’m 3 hours away so most likely won’t make it..also I’ve had a mild cold for a few months ..still I am itching to get out.. good luck if you go.. have the coins you found there over the years been spread out over wide area or more concentrated close to water or mid beach?

Thanks for the invite Surfman..I’m 3 hours away so most likely won’t make it..also I’ve had a mild cold for a few months ..still I am itching to get out.. good luck if you go.. have the coins you found there over the years been spread out over wide area or more concentrated close to water or mid beach?
They are concentrated along a stretch of beach about 150 yards long. About 50/50 were found in the wet/dry. We’ve found them as far up as the dune edge.
I went out once and walked to the area and pulled three all within a couple feet of each other and left. The wind was blowing so hard the sand was hitting me straight in the face. Wasn’t there 30 minutes.
We know where to go to have the best chance of finding them.

Did you keep those 4 stuck together or pry them apart? Funny thing is I found one over across the inlet on Indian river beach and that was prior to me even knowing the story..unfortunately the one I found was a slicker.. I’ve never found one yet on coin beach side..
The only one I ever found was on the south side of the inlet. It was on the beach no more than 50 yrds from the rocks. It wasn't in the best shape either. I had a Whites detector. That was back in the early 90's. That was years ago, never have found one after that. :detecting: